Monday, October 13, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes

The economic crisis hit home with us today. I mean really hit home. I got a call from the realtor that manages the house we are renting and learned that the owner is going into bankruptcy and this house will be foreclosed in January. So we are in the market for a rental home. We have been planning on moving to a bigger house when the lease is up in May, but it's interesting that this happened now because last week we made a big financial commitment that doesn't allow us to pay any more in rent than we are now. I think it's going to be a blessing to us because we have time to look around and see what's out there. Our moving dates are very flexible, any time between now and January, and maybe even after that if we need it. We get all of our deposit back and don't even have to clean the carpets when we leave. We are trusting the Lord to provide the perfect home for us. I'm excited to see what he is going to do. We are praying for the owner during this time of hardship, she had purchased this house with an inheritance she recieved and now it is gone. She is a believer and the realtor said her church is being very supportive of her as she walks through all of this.

Avery rolled over for the first time today! I put her on her tummy and went into the kitchen for a minute and when I came back she was on her back.

So that was our day, well part of it. The rest was toddler madness.



4 comments:

Taylor and Meagan Ethridge said...

It is a blessing to hear this story and I look forward to hearing of the outcome- Taylor and I are in a similar situation tryinig to find a rental in NC. The Lord will provide and as I was reminded in church on Sunday, I need to trust Him. Will be praying for you guys!

Jackie Harmon said...

Your blog looks so cute!

I think Chad may have to move for the same reason. The owner of our home mentioned putting it back on the market, but we need to stay here at least until the adoption is complete or we will have to redo some stuff.

Have you found all the cute dresses on etsy (my new addiction)? I will have to send you a few of my favs.

Superchikk said...

Congrats on Avery rolling over! Pretty soon she too will be mobile. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not right now. :)

Husband told me about you guys having to move. I am glad you have some freedom to choose your time over the next few months instead of having to hurry out. Let us know how it goes!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love the colors on your blog, first of all! Secondly, good luck with the house hunt! God will provide, that we know for sure!
Carrie