Saturday, October 04, 2008

I'm gonna miss this






The house is a wreck today. Last night I took Jonathan on a "mommy date" to buy him some big boy underwear. While we were gone Ben set up a tent in the living room. He and Jonathan attempted to sleep in there last night, but couldn't settle, so after about an hour and a half they retired to their own beds. Ben is out with students today so I'm leaving the tent up so they can play later. It feels very cluttered today, so I decided to try and find some beauty in it.
As far as the big boy underwear goes, I told Jonathan he could wear them after he went, well, you know, in the potty. I left him diaper and pant less this morning, and right now my jeans are wet from crawling in a spot I had to clean up to try and find beauty. Oh, and the mom thing was just a phase. I'm back to mommy now.

3 comments:

Superchikk said...

I'm glad you're back to "Mommy." And you're right - you will miss these days when he's a big boy. But sometimes it's hard to think of it that way.

With C having been sick on and off for the last month combined with teething, I know exactly how you feel.

And just in case it makes you feel any better, C isn't potty training, but I still had to clean up one of "those" messes on the carpet just the other day.

Good luck!

Tosha said...

I'm just getting started on blogging, and our friend, Angela, tagged me. I don't know anyone, so I'm borrowing her friends to tag! So, I picked you! :) Visit my site for rules.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Hi! So glad you visited me! I know what you mean about the Mom thing. My daughter used Mom yesterday (she's two) and it broke my heart. Thankfully it's still Mommy or Mama most of the time! :)
Carrie