Here are some fun questions that Staci emailed me, so I figured I would answer on here. I skipped a few that were email related.
1. What is your occupation? Stay at home mom. I had the most stressful dream yesterday that I was quitting a job without another one and I was so relieved when I woke up and realized that I don't have to worry about that right now.
2. What color are your socks right now? white
3. What are you listening to right now? Watermark's Knees to the Earth
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Ben and Jerry's Phish Food, but the Light version
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yep. I learned how to drive on one.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Hmm. Aquamarine?
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? my mom
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I love Staci to death. She is a precious lifelong friend.
9. How old are you today? 29
10. Favorite drink? Hot peppermint tea or Sonic's Watermelon Sprite
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? I guess football
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Have I ever not is probably a better question
13. Pets? Little yorkie Mazie Grace
14. Favorite food? Love a good soup
15. Last movie you watched? Apollo 13 on TV last weekend
16. Favorite Day of the year? christmas
17. What do you do to vent anger? cry
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? probably my dolls
19. What is your favorite season? summer
20. Hugs or kisses? I guess it depends on who's handing them out
21. Cherry or Blueberry? blueberry
22. What happened to ???? New Kids on the Block. Are they really trying for a comeback?
23. When was the last time you cried? Last week?
24. What is on the floor of your closet? lots of clothes and shoes
25. Favorite smells? Apples and cinnamon
26. Who inspires you? Other moms who work so hard for their families.
27. What are you afraid of? heights and sudden loud noises
28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? spicy
29. Favorite car? I still dream of a little 2 seater convertible someday
30. Favorite cat breed? I am not a fan of cats. But I love Jeni's Kedi
31. Number of keys on your key ring? Maybe 5. I have 2 key rings in my purse though.
32. How many years at your current job? About a year and a half as a stay at home mom. 8 years as a wife, 7 years of that in full time minstry.
33. Favorite day of the week? Friday
34. How many states have you lived in? 3
35. Do you think you're funny? occasionally
Tag: Kate and Melissa
Friday, January 18, 2008
Things are back to normal for us after the Christmas break. We had a great trip home to Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. It was lots of traveling but worth every minute of it. Jonathan was great and loved all the attention from everybody! He was so tired by the actual Christmas day that we had to put him down for a nap right in the middle of opening presents, at 9:30 in the morning. He didn't even open his last one until after we had been home for several days. He loves all his new toys. His favorite is his Little People airplane. He talks about it all the time, and once he even woke up in the middle of the night asking for it. It is so fun to watch him play and learn. He is talking like crazy and it's often a challenge for us to figure out what he's saying. Ben is the best at it, and Jonathan is so happy when we say the word that he is saying. For example, tonight I was putting his jamies on and he kept saying "fa fa, fa fa". I finally figured out that he was saying "flip flop". They are still in his changing table drawer from this summer. There's no way they fit on his feet anymore, but he loved it when I pulled them out for him.
This semester I am taking Jonathan to classes at My Gym. We have been twice now and it is a lot of fun. He is learning how to climb ladders and loves playing in the ball pit. It is great for right now since it's too cold to play outside, plus it gives me a chance to do something special with him before the baby comes.
We found out last Thursday that we are having a girl! We are excited and know that Jonathan is going to be a fantastic big brother. I am overwhelmed by all of the cuteness for girls that is available. It is going to require some major self control not to buy everything. Our lease is up on our townhouse here at the end of May, which is right after the baby comes, so we are trying to figure out a way that we can all fit in here so that we don't have to move and have a baby all in one month. Especially since it's the first month of summer and things get really busy around here during the summer anyway.
I guess that's it for us for now. I'll be back soon!