Friday, January 18, 2008

It's a new year




Things are back to normal for us after the Christmas break. We had a great trip home to Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. It was lots of traveling but worth every minute of it. Jonathan was great and loved all the attention from everybody! He was so tired by the actual Christmas day that we had to put him down for a nap right in the middle of opening presents, at 9:30 in the morning. He didn't even open his last one until after we had been home for several days. He loves all his new toys. His favorite is his Little People airplane. He talks about it all the time, and once he even woke up in the middle of the night asking for it. It is so fun to watch him play and learn. He is talking like crazy and it's often a challenge for us to figure out what he's saying. Ben is the best at it, and Jonathan is so happy when we say the word that he is saying. For example, tonight I was putting his jamies on and he kept saying "fa fa, fa fa". I finally figured out that he was saying "flip flop". They are still in his changing table drawer from this summer. There's no way they fit on his feet anymore, but he loved it when I pulled them out for him.

This semester I am taking Jonathan to classes at My Gym. We have been twice now and it is a lot of fun. He is learning how to climb ladders and loves playing in the ball pit. It is great for right now since it's too cold to play outside, plus it gives me a chance to do something special with him before the baby comes.

We found out last Thursday that we are having a girl! We are excited and know that Jonathan is going to be a fantastic big brother. I am overwhelmed by all of the cuteness for girls that is available. It is going to require some major self control not to buy everything. Our lease is up on our townhouse here at the end of May, which is right after the baby comes, so we are trying to figure out a way that we can all fit in here so that we don't have to move and have a baby all in one month. Especially since it's the first month of summer and things get really busy around here during the summer anyway.

I guess that's it for us for now. I'll be back soon!

6 comments:

Superchikk said...

I remember Little People! We had a Little People house, complete with a garage (with door that opened/closed) and car to go inside. I loved playing with that thing! I'm sure it's long gone by now, but I would love to find something like that for Caedmon when he gets older. I hope Jonathan continues to enjoy his airplane!

Josh and Kate said...

Jonathan is so precious. He's getting so big! Congrats on having a girl. I'm sure you are loving all the pink. :) Keep in touch!

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

Yeah for a girl!!!!! I have to admit but that shopping for my girls has put a cramp in our checkbook. Way too much cute stuff out there!!! It was so good to see you at the mall that day and I can't believe I didn't say anything...I totally forgot that you were pregnant. I am so excited for ya'll and can't wait to meet her. The pics are so cute! He is growing up so fast.

Angela said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! I'm going to post yours on our friends list if you don't mind. I love seeing how big Johnathan is getting. He is such a doll!

Edwin and Melissa said...

I love the first picture. I am sad to say that I won't be able to go to camp with you guys because I won't have vacation. Glad the ultrasound went well. Miss you and Love you lots!!!

Angela said...

Hey. What is your blog address? When I get to you thru Zach and Erin it only shows me their address.