Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rambling

I had planned on going to the grocery store first thing this morning, but Jonathan woke up very cranky so he's back in bed and I guess we'll go later. He's been a little fussier than usual for the past several days, and I'm starting to wonder if he's not feeling well, but I don't know how to tell. I'll just keep a watch on his temp today and call my wonderful pediactric nurse practitioner friend Staci if anything gets worse.

Staci is one of my best friends from high school that is such a blessing to me!!! We had the most horrible experiences with pediatricians for the first 4 months (one clinic refusing to give us an appointment because they have too many patients, another office completely shut down after we'd been there once), but it's all better now. Staci is very smart, caring, beautiful, and one of the most Godly women I have ever known. So if you ever read this Staci congrats on being the star of my blog today :) .

I could be doing the dishes or the laundry, dusting or cleaning the bathrooms, but instead I figured I'd just wait for Jonathan to wake up here on the computer. I'll probably regret this decision later.

I started Tuesday morning women's bible study yesterday. I'm doing The Power of a Praying Woman, and I am excited about it. I think it is going to be a great growing experience for me, and a good opportunity to hang out with other moms that I don't get to see very often since we're in youth world on Sunday mornings.

I am substitute sunday school teaching for my friend Jill's 10th grade girls class this week. We're talking about spiritual gifts, and I'm thinking about giving them each a small wrapped box to remind them to use their spiritual gifts during the week. I need to find some small cheap boxes and wrapping paper though. Jill is a great teacher and has a huge group of girls.

Since I last wrote we've been to Dallas to watch Shiloh play a football game. They are very good and we are expecting an amazing season.

I had a great long conversation with my sister Amy last night. She is very gifted at sorting things through and will be a wonderful professional counselor in a few years. I am so thankful for the Word of God and the power that it has to speak and guide us when we're trying to sort out the messes of life. Once it speaks, there is nothing else left for us to say.

And speaking of nothing else to say, that's it for me for today. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Superchikk said...

I'm glad you did all that hard work in finding a good pediatrician...one of these days when it is my turn I won't have to! Ha!