Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer's in full swing!

Wow last week was a crazy ride. We had our Super Summer event Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. It was such a great thing, and different from anything we've done before. The kids were divided into teams (each team was a different color), and they earned points for things like team spirit, bringing friends, winning games, etc. They loved it! It was so fun to see what they came up with for team spirit. So that was the beginning of the week. On Thursday one of the girls from our student ministry in Alabama came to visit for the weekend. She stayed until Sunday and it was so fun to see her and catch up. Now she's halfway through college and the last time we saw her she was just graduating high school. Thursday night we had our weekly college volleyball gathering. Friday Ben and I spent all day buying me a new car. My old one was too tired to work anymore. I am loving the new one more than I expected. I didn't realize how much I was putting up with in my old one. I was just loving no car payment. Then Saturday we spent the day at the lake (or the ocean, I'm not sure, I was told it was a saltwater lake?) with the college group. It was a lot of fun. Jonathan swam in the swimming pool for the first time ever and loved it. We got him this cute little crab floatie to sit in. The water was take your breath away cold so I coudn't handle it as long as I would have liked to, but it was fun while it lasted. So anyway then we had Sunday and that was our week. This week is an easy one. We don't have Wednesday night or Sunday night. So hopefully we will be able to finish unpacking. We're pretty much down to the stuff in the garage and hanging pictures on the walls. We need to go through the attic, but that will have to wait till fall when it's not 200 degrees in there.

1 comment:

Edwin and Melissa said...

he went swimming?? How fun!!!! Sounds like you did have a busy week. CONGRATS on the new car! How fun is a new car??