Thursday, May 10, 2007

The only thing constant


Moving is hard. Ben left a few minutes ago with Mazie to begin his drive to our new home. I'll be here for another week and then fly with Jonathan to meet them in our new home. I've tried so hard not to be super emotional this time around, and for the most part it's been easy. We've only been here 2 years (this time), I know we'll always be coming back for visits since our families are here, and I've moved away from here before and been fine. Plus I've seen this coming for the past 5 months, so I've had plenty of time to prepare. But it's so hard to close a chapter of life. The townhouse we're moving into will be our 8th place to live in our almost 8 years of marriage. Every place has meant something special to me. This morning Ben and I spent our last hours together in the house where we brought our boy home, bonded with him, had his first birthday party. It's the place where we worked together to make his nursery a special place. There have been very good times in this house, and it's sad to see it go. So I'm mourning its loss today, very thankful for the blessings that we have received here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. But you know, if you decide to come back, we'll be really happy!!!

Amy said...

I am about to cry right now after reading this. It is good to mourn though. Thanks for sharing.

Superchikk said...

We're going to miss having you guys across the street!