Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Home Sweet Hotel

Ben and I are sitting on the bed in our hotel "suite" just hanging out. We have one light on and the tv is on, but the volume is turned to like 2 because Jonathan is sleeping about 4 feet from the foot of the bed.
We signed the lease for our townhouse today and the movers will be here with our things on Thursday, so we'll be in the hotel until then.
The flight in was good, nothing eventful happened (thankfully), and the people we sat by on the airplane were very sweet, which was a huge answer to prayer for me.
My first Sunday here was great. Obviously Ben's was last week, so he was able to introduce me to the people he had already met. Everybody has been so warm and welcoming and glad we are here. I look forward to getting to know them all better.
Tonight Jonathan went to play with a new friend while we went to a reception with some church folks. Emily is 15 months old and her dad is on staff with Ben. Emily's aunts were babysitting and I think he had a great time playing with real toys in a real house. This hotel thing is getting old, even for him.
I think that's about all there is to tell right now. I'm feeling pretty disoriented since we're not in our house yet, but that's coming soon and we're going to have to celebrate somehow.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry to hear that the hotel thing is frusterating but I am glad to hear form you. Congratulations on the townhouse. I hope you love it! Don't let Emily's aunts replace Auntie and Tia!!

Superchikk said...

I'm glad things are going well, and that Jonathan already has a friend to play with. Once you get past the mess of unpacking, you will feel much better - just hang in there until then!

Unknown said...

Don't worry, Amy, I think we are one of a kind..or two of a kind. Whatever. Kristen, the hotel thing probably does suck a lot. One more day, one more day!!!

Anonymous said...

hey...it's Thursday...so how'd the move go?...this is B btw

Jordan said...

Hello Ben and Kristen! Your little brother convinced me to conform, and join the blogging world, and I thought I'd just let you know!