Saturday, September 06, 2008

"Hurricane" Hanna came through today. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I never even heard a clap of thunder. We were supposed to go to the beach at the Outer Banks this weekend, and she put a stop to that.
I have been keeping busy at home lately. Here are some pictures of what we've been up to.

I finally packed up my maternity clothes and am in the process of cleaning out and reorganizing my closet. What a big job it has been! I still have clothes in the attic that I need to get out. Hopefully I will finish this up this week.










Jonathan has been so creative lately. This is a "pool" that he made. He has been coming up with all sorts of things for us to do. He has asked to go to a restaraunt, to go to the seaside, to go to work with daddy, to play all day with mommy, eat a picnic,walk around the block. Yesterday he was playing with our next door neighbor and all of a sudden started saying "Simon says..." and telling her to clap hands, sit down, and jump. I had no idea he knew how to play Simon says.




I have been baking bread! Several years ago a good friend introduced me to the benefits of milling wheat, but it has never been the right time for us to do it. I was finally able to buy a mill and heavy duty bread machine. It is so fun! My bread machine isn't in yet, so I'm using the one we received as a wedding gift nine years ago.







And here is a picture of the kids from earlier today. Avery is sitting in the Bumbo seat a little bit. She loves being involved in what we do. If I leave her in the living room while we are eating dinner she cries until I sit her in her bouncy seat beside the table. And even then if we don't pay her enough attention she cries until we do.






So that's what we've been up to. Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Superchikk said...

Yeah, our two hurricanes we experienced in Florida were pretty much the same - big build-up, big nothing but some wind and rain. Nothing we wouldn't get in a big thunderstorm here.

I am so jealous of your bread making! Let me add that to the list of stuff I want to do.

Jonathan is growing so much! I can't believe he's playing Simon Says - that's a big kid game!

Avery cracks me up - she's got to be in the middle of everything it sounds like. You will have your hands full when she gets a bit older!

Jackie Harmon said...

your babies are precious and your loaf of bread looks perfect. i can't believe avery is getting so big and i haven't even got to hold her yet!

Anonymous said...

Avery and Jonathan are so cute! Enjoy it, it is CRAZY how fast they grow up!!!